Server management is very important to keep servers running in top condition.
We'll come in, fix recurring issues, optimise your IT services and minimise the downtime so that your system runs better.
Having a good server management in place, you can focus on your business prosperity without worrying about your IT.
ASB IT will take care of all server related issues. Monitor it 24/7 and resolve the issues proactively.
ASB IT strictly follows Server Maintenance Checklists below:
- Disk Usage - Using your production system as an archival system is not recommended. Delete old logs, emails, and software versions no longer used. Keeping systems free of old software limits security issues. A smaller data footprint means faster recovery should a disk fail. If disk usage is exceeding 90% of disk capacity, either reduce usage or add more storage. If the partition reaches 100%, servers may stop responding, database tables can corrupt and day can be lost.
- Check RAID Alarms - During server maintenance, checking RAID alarms is the most important thing. Check that RAID's error notification system is configured properly and works as expected. Most RAID levels tolerate only a single disk failure. If RAID notification is missed, a simple disk replacement could turn into a catastrophic failure.
- Update OS - Updates are released frequently by Microsoft. Many of those updates are important for security issues. On the servers, automatic updates are risky as some of the updates make systems not perform well. Updates needs to be reviewed and applied. Updating servers need reboot. ASB IT realizes that and therefore all the server updates are done either after hour or over the weekend reducing the business impact.
- Check application updates - With the server updates, application updates need to be installed as well to make sure application runs at its top condition. With some application updates, server needs to be rebooted.
- Check hardware errors - During maintenance, logs are reviewed for any signs of hardware problems. Overheating notices, disk read errors; network failures could be early indicators of potential hardware failure. These are rare but worth a look, especially if the system has not been working within normal ranges.
- Check server utilization - Review your server's disk, CPU, RAM and network utilization. If you are nearing limits, you may need to plan on adding resources to your server or migrating to a new one. ASB IT takes care of it all.
- Check system's security - Periodic review of server's security log is very important. Regular security audits serve as a check on system configuration, OS updates and other potential security risks. Suggestion can be made to perform security audit at least 4 times a year and preferably monthly.
- Verify backups - Before making any changes to the production system, be sure that backups are working. Even sometimes test recoveries need to be done if critical data is going to be deleted. While focused on backups, we may want to make sure we have selected the right backup locations.
During maintenance hours ASB IT makes sure all mentioned above have been checked and performed.